Stephen Page, Yolande Brown, Daniel Riley, and the dancers of Bangarra Dance Theatre
Compelling contemporary dance, soul-stirring soundscapes and uniquely Australian stories – Bangarra is a company at the peak of its powers. In superb form after the sold-out season of Bennelong, we return in 2018 with a major new dance work, Dark Emu.
Inspired by Bruce Pascoe’s award-winning book of the same name, Dark Emu explores the vital life force of flora and fauna in a series of dance stories directed by Stephen Page. With long-time Bangarra collaborators Steve Francis (music), Jacob Nash (sets) and Jennifer Irwin (costumes) bringing their impeccable aesthetic to the production, Dark Emu will satisfy your spirit and connect you to Country.
- Stephen Page
- Stephen Page, Yolande Brown, Daniel Riley, and the dancers of Bangarra Dance Theatre
- Steve Francis
- Jacob Nash
- Jennifer Irwin
- Alana Valentine
Author of Original Book
- Bruce Pascoe
- Sydney Opera House 14 June - 14 July
- Canberra Theatre Centre 26 - 28 July
- State Theatre Centre of WA 2 - 5 August
- QPAC 24 August - 1 September
- Arts Centre Melbourne 6 - 15 September