- 2015 Carriageworks Season
- 2000 International Tour - Greece
- 1999 International Tour - Switzerland
- 1996 International Tour - Indonesia, India
- 1995 National Tour - NSW, ACT, WA, VIC, SA, NT
- 1995 International Tour - Germany, Japan, Noumea
- 1994 (presented as a work in progress) - Belvoir St Theatre
Premiered in 1994 at Belvoir St Theatre
Ochres, first performed in 1994, became a watershed production for Bangarra leading to sell out shows around the country. For its 21st anniversary return season in 2015, Bangarra’s Artistic Director Stephen Page reimagined this iconic work that revealed Bangarra to the world for the company’s debut season at Carriageworks in Redfern.
In all its forms and colours, ochre is essential to the life of Aboriginal communities. This four-part contemporary dance work – yellow, black, red and white – is a portrayal of each colour of this earthy substance, its myriad of purposes and the spiritual significance to Aboriginal people.